St. Lucia is one of the most charming destinations in the Caribbean. The dramatic scenery includes lush rainforest, beautiful Pitons, and a volcano. Along with the beautiful scenery, the area provides plenty of resorts throughout. However, St. Lucia is far from overdeveloped.
A Few Facts About St. Lucia
- Location – Found between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, St. Lucia is found north of Tobago and Trinidad.
- Capital – The capital of St. Lucia is Castries.
- Currency – St. Lucia uses the Eastern Caribbean Dollar and the U.S. Dollar is accepted throughout, as well.
- Weather – From January to April, the dry season is found in the area, while May through August provides the rainy season.
- Language – The major language spoken in St. Lucia is English.
What are the Major Attractions Found in St. Lucia?
Finding the best attractions in St. Lucia isn’t hard. Some of the top attractions include:
- Drive-through Volcano – The Volcano hasn’t seen any activity for over 400,000 years and now you can actually drive through it. Enjoy the 24 steaming vents, hinds of copper, oxide, magnesium, iron, and other minerals and so much more.
- Rainforest Tours – With over 19,000 acres of rainforests, you can take one of the many tours throughout the St. Lucia rainforests.
- Watersports – St. Lucia is one of the best locations for scuba diving, windsurfing, and snorkeling.
- Jungle Biking – If you’ve ever gone on a jungle bike trip, you know how amazing this trip will be. Make sure you book your trip early as these are very popular tours.
- Gros Piton – This 2,619-foot Gros Piton is a great place to enjoy. You can pay a small fee and enjoy a guided climb here.
These are just a few of the many attractions found throughout the St. Lucia area.
How are the Beaches in St. Lucia?
When you arrive at one of the resorts in St. Lucia, you will enjoy amazing beaches, such as Halcyon Beach. St. Lucia is home to the most beautiful white-sand beaches and the ocean water is turquoise. Staying at the Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort will provide amazing views of one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean.
Along with the many attractions, amazing beaches, and beautiful scenery, you can enjoy the St. Lucia Jazz Festival and other great events year-round. You will find plenty of great choices throughout the year.
Planning Your Trip to St. Lucia
If you’re ready to enjoy a vacation in St. Lucia, you will want to book one of the luxury all-inclusive resort vacations. Sandals provide many resorts throughout the Caribbean. The Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort will provide just what you need for your new vacation. Read our full review of the resort here.