You just found out she’s pregnant and there will be a little one in your house soon. Does this mean it’s time for taking a Babymoon?
What is a Babymoon?
A babymoon is pretty easy to figure out. It’s a honeymoon you take once you find out you’re pregnant. Of course, it’s important to start planning ASAP. If you wait too long, you could be having a baby on vacation.
A Babymoon is Necessary
If it’s your first child, a babymoon may seem very necessary. Life, as you know it, is about to change. It won’t be just the two of you anymore. Your baby will become the center of your life, while you both adjust to being first-time parents.
Taking a babymoon will allow you to enjoy one more trip, as a couple. After this trip, you will be more likely to take family vacations, unless you can get somebody to watch the kid(s). Of course, this isn’t a “forever” type of thing, but it will be a little while before you get the opportunity to take another trip as a couple.
Should You Fly for your Babymoon?
If you plan it quickly and she isn’t over five months pregnant, flying shouldn’t be much of an issue. In fact, according to Healthline, you may be okay to fly up to 36 weeks. However, if her doctor tells you she cannot fly, you will have to drive to your destination. The best Babymoons happen in top Caribbean destinations. This means you need to get on with the planning and take your babymoon soon!
Benefits of a Babymoon
There are many benefits of a babymoon including:
- The chance to enjoy Intimacy – You won’t be interrupted as you will be when the baby actually arrives.
- Chance to Treat Yourself – Candlelight dinners, breakfast in bed and pampered spa treatments might be the right way to treat yourself.
- Enjoy Swimming – Swimming and spending time in a heated pool can be very relaxing for a mother-to-be.
- Chance to Grow Together – This trip will provide another opportunity for you to grow as a couple.
- Childfree Vacation – If you choose an adult-only resort, you can enjoy a childfree vacation.
These are just some of the many benefits of taking a Babymoon.
Where Should You Go on your Babymoon?
Your Babymoon should be a special trip with plenty of relaxing options. A trip to an all-inclusive beach resort will provide an excellent place for your babymoon.
A beach resort will allow the mother-to-be to relax by the beach, in a heated pool or enjoy the amazing spa. Sandals Resorts provides a great choice for your Babymoon. They are home to the Red Lane Spa, which is one of the best in the world. Most of these resorts are adult-only and provide all-inclusive packages perfect for your Babymoon.